We are looking for a research scientist to be involved in our proprietary research and develop enhanced solutions to deliver them into production. You will be joining a team of researchers with doctoral and post-doctoral degrees in Mathematics and Computer Science.
- Minimum Doctoral degree or in the last year of the Doctoral degree in Mathematics/Statistics, Computer Science, Physics or Electrical Engineering.
- Demonstrable capacity to produce high quality peer reviewed research.
- Familiar with Linux infrastructure and python (C++ familiarity would be beneficial).
- Preferably some knowledge of financial market mechanics.
- Approachable attitude to joint work and peer review and ability to present complex ideas in a concise manner.
- No previous experience is required.
We encourage interdisciplinary research and occasionally pursuing “off-piste” ideas, if we deem that it may ultimately benefit our customers. We reward tenacity and pursuit for excellence and expect the candidates to be mathematics hobbyists. You will be exposed to unseen datasets, participate in all aspects of “alpha” generation and you will have state-of-the-art tools at hand (pipelines that process billions of events daily).
A competitive salary is on offer and an opportunity to join one of the fastest growing and strongly backed systematic hedge funds.
Mayfair office, partial remote working is negotiable. Bayforest is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive working environment.